Cosmetify, a retail site for beauty and personal care, has crunched the numbers to discover the most popular beauty brands in the country, as well as in every state.
To do this, Cosmetify looked at the same extensive list of several hundred beauty brands that were used for the Cosmetify Index and used Google Keyword Planner to collect the number of annual US searches for each brand. This allowed us to rank them in terms of most-searched, which we used as a measure for popularity.
They took the top one hundred beauty brands for national search volume and collected search data which combined the brand name with a product type. This allowed us to see which brands are the most popular across different product types, providing insight into why people search for different brands
The Top 10 Beauty Brands in the US, Ranked by Search Volume
1. ColourPop Cosmetics—6,883,000 annual searches.
2. Lush—5,668,000 annual searches
3. Glossier—5,034,000 annual searches
4. Morphe—4,982,000 annual searches
5. Olaplex—4,641,000 annual searches
6. The Body Shop—4,056,000 annual searches
7. Clinique—3,171,000 annual searches
8. Kiehl’s—2,937,000 annual searches
9. Estee Lauder—2,906,000 annual searches
10. Beautycounter—2,626,000 annual searches
The research also digs deeper into every product area, to reveal the top brand when it comes to blusher, lipstick and beyond:
- BB Cream – Maybelline
- Concealer – Tarte Cosmetics
- Eyebrow Kits – Benefit
- Eyeliner – NYX
- Foundation – NARS Cosmetics
- Lipstick – NYX
- Makeup palettes – Morphe
- Mascara – Maybelline
Cosmetify looked at the same extensive list of several hundred beauty brands that were used for the Cosmetify Index and used Google Keyword Planner to collect the number of annual US searches for each brand. This allowed them to rank them in terms of most-searched, which were used as a measure for popularity.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, Click here.